As part of its commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, The Shubert Organization announces The Artistic Circle, an initiative to provide assistance to BIPOC commercial theatre producers who are in the early-to-mid stage of their careers and have a project currently in development.
Eligible producers chosen to participate will receive support from Shubert, which may include:
· Space for readings and workshops
· Roundtables and networking events
· Video and technological expertise
· Access to office space
· Connections to industry contacts and mentors
· Financial assistance
The level of support will be determined by the needs of the individual project. Projects should be geared toward the commercial theatre industry (Broadway and Off-Broadway), already be in process, and have a clear development plan and timeline.
BIPOC producers interested in being considered should send the following materials to ArtisticCircle@shubertorg.com by April 9, 2021:
· Resumé and short description of their personal philosophy and goals
· A description of the project, its development history, and plans for the future
More information on The Shubert Organization's EDI activities: