- The policy of The Shubert Organization, Inc. is to select, place, train and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to accord equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws. We do so without regard to non work-related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, ancestry, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information/genetic testing, familial status, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States, or an individual's military or veteran status. This equal opportunity policy applies to all Company activities, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, compensation practices, benefits and termination of employment.
Title: Operating Engineer
Hours: Off Tuesday and Wednesday. Monday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 3:30pm to approximately 11:30pm, Sunday 10:00am to approximately 10:30pm. Must be able to work both day and evening shifts, including weekends and holidays.
Qualified candidates will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Extensive field experience with:
- Operating, troubleshooting, and repairing HVAC/R equipment
- Electrical power and control systems
- Basic plumbing skills (soldering, brazing, etc.)
- Monitoring and operating of fire protection systems along with the requisite certificates
- NYC Fire Department Certificate of Qualification for Refrigerating System Operating Engineer
- CFC Universal Card
- FDNY S-12 and S-13 Certificate of Fitness for standpipe and sprinkler, as well as other engineering certificates of fitness required for proper operation, coverage and job performance (air compressor, fire guard, oxy/acetylene, etc.)
- Ability to read schematics, wiring diagrams, blueprints
- Superior communication, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to take direction well and to effectively accomplish tasks based on verbal instructions
- High level of motivation and be a self-starter
- Good attendance and punctuality
- Capability to work flexible schedule as required by operational demands and ability to fill-in for co-workers as necessary (due to vacation, illness, etc.). Mandatory overtime when required by operational needs. Our Engineering Crew services our theatres, which operate 365 days a year.
- Ability to work effectively in a deadline oriented, high pressure environment, and to effectively handle multiple tasks.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- The position will require application for membership in I.U.O.E. Local Union No. 30.
Title: Mailroom Clerk
Hours: 9:30am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday, with overtime as required. Must be able to work 9:00am to 5:00pm when needed.
Duties: Responsible for sorting, handling, and delivering the mail to various departments, theatres and offices throughout Manhattan.
- Previous work experience as a mailroom clerk or messenger preferred.
- Good verbal communications and customer service skills.
- Must be attentive to details.
- Ability to lift boxes and/or other items weighing up to 30 pounds.
Title: Assistant Fraud Prevention Manager, Telecharge
Hours: 11:00am to 7:00pm, Tuesday through Saturday, plus additional time when needed. Must be able to occasionally travel overnight to attend workshops, conferences, etc.
- Assist and support the Chargeback and Fraud Prevention Manager with all facets of fraud detection and prevention.
- Assist with management of fraud control functions; database monitoring (STAR/Accertify).
- Supervise Accertify team.
- Create and update reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or 2-3 years related experience in fraud detection in a high-volume environment.
- 2+ years payment fraud prevention experience.
- Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- PC literate (Windows/Word/Excel - must know how to create Pivot tables).
- Strong customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written).
Title: Part-time Ushers, New World Stages
Hours: Friday and Sunday evening performances, Saturday and Sunday matinees. Additional shifts may be available.
- Greet patrons who come into the building in a friendly demeanor and direct them to the theatres, restrooms, and bars throughout the building.
- Help preset the house before walk-in and clean up trash after walk-out.
- Assist patrons with finding their seats.
- Take tickets, work coat check, and assist patrons with special needs such as patrons in wheelchairs.
- Ability to provide quality customer service while enjoying working with the public.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain composure under stress.
Title: Part-time Cleaner, New World Stages
Hours: 8:00am to 2:00pm Saturday, 9:00am to 2:00pm and 5:00pm to 7:00pm Sunday (split shift), plus 1 other day during the week 9:00am to 2:00pm. Must be able to work holidays. Additional hours may be available to work events.
- Clean bathrooms, break rooms and common areas.
- Restock supplies.
- Maintain equipment in an operable condition.
- Other routine maintenance duties as assigned.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish a plus.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work effective both independently and as part of a team.
- Basic knowledge of cleaning products or willing to learn.
Title: Assistant Theatre Manager, New World Stages
Hours: 3:00pm to 11:00pm, Thursday through Monday. Hours may vary depending on operational needs. Must be able to work holidays.
Duties will include:
- Assist in scheduling, training, and directing the actions of a 60 member House Staff and 10 member Bar Staff.
- Assist in inventory and supply ordering for the bar.
- Ensure the safety of tenants and audience by adhering to FDNY and other safety regulations.
- Work with tenants to assess and meet their house and bar needs.
- Assist with patron complaints as needed.
- Report attendance and any significant house incidents daily.
- Compile weekly reports such as payroll, coat check deposit, bar deposit, and box office grosses when required.
- Open and close the theatre including locking and unlocking internal doors and turning on and off lights.
- Close out the bartenders, cocktail servers, and hawkers at the end of the night.
- Coordinate with bar-related programming and shows in our lounge, The Green Room.
- Experience managing a staff.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent math skills.
- Must be extremely proactive and reliable.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings/weekends/holidays.
- Microsoft Office proficiency (familiarity with Arts Vision a plus).
- Experience as a Theatre Manager and/or bar/restaurant/service industry experience preferred, but not required.
We offer competitive salaries and a superior benefits package.
For consideration, please send resumes to: email@example.com.