- The policy of The Shubert Organization, Inc. is to select, place, train and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to accord equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws. We do so without regard to non work-related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, ancestry, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information/genetic testing, familial status, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States, or an individual's military or veteran status. This equal opportunity policy applies to all Company activities, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, compensation practices, benefits and termination of employment.
Title: Call Center Representatives, Telecharge
- Part-time, 20-25 hours per week fixed schedules (either 5:00pm-10:00pm or 6:00pm-10:00pm, four weekdays plus one weekend day).Must be available to work additional hours when required including overtime and holidays
- Provide a high level of sales and customer service support to our patrons.
- Process order taken via phone.
- Exceptional customer service skills (must be comfortable with receiving a high volume of inbound calls.
- Pleasant phone manner.
- Computer literate.
- Good keyboard and typing skills required.
- Strong work ethic including the ability to work overtime and holidays when necessary (attendance and punctuality are critical).
- Previous telephone sales/customer service or ticketing experience preferred.
- Must apply for union membership with IATSE Local B751.
Title: Substitute Custodians (26, 32 or 40 hours per week)
Schedule: These are substitute positions, covering for employees who are absent due to vacations, illnesses, etc. There is no guarantee of work.
8am to 12noon, six or seven days a week on a rotating basis. Must be available to work 4 shows a week which includes afternoons and evenings, with overtime as required.
- Clean designated areas of the theatre which may include, but not limited to: dusting; sweeping; mopping; vacuuming, and washing several types of surfaces.
- Accept deliveries and store theatre supplies.
- Sweep and hose sidewalks, including snow removal when needed.
- When working performances: handle crowd control; maintain sidewalks and restrooms; answer patrons' questions in a polite manner, and lock up the theater at the end of the performance.
- Previous work experience as a custodian.
- Good verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Must be attentive to details and be able to work as a part of a team.
- Ability to lift boxes and equipment weighing up to 50lbs.
- If not currently a member of S.E.I.U., Local 32BJ, must apply for membership within 30 days of employment.
Title: Off-Broadway Facilities Technician
Schedule: 40 hours a week. 1pm to 8pm (Wednesday), 12pm to 8pm (Thursday and Friday), 10am-8pm (Saturday), 11am to 7pm (Sunday), off Monday and Tuesday. Must be able to work additional hours, including holidays, as required.
- Perform Handyman related duties such as basic plumbing, carpentry, and electrical duties as needed. This will include taking direct action, tools-in-hand, for repair and maintenance.
- Responsible for organizing, maintaining inventory logs and conducting maintenance for all Off-Broadway venues.
- Communicate and coordinate with our Facilities team regarding all duties required for upkeep of the buildings.
- Determine when conditions demand the services of a building trades contractor, providing instructions and supervision for such contracted services and attending meetings when necessary.
- Assist the Facilities Manager and Senior Technician in inspecting work performed by outside vendors/contractors.
- Reports to the Facilities Manager and Senior Facilities Technician.
- Perform required work in the absence of the Senior Facilities Technician.
- Communicate with tenants and staff regarding status of all outstanding requested service.
- Conduct monthly QA, joint preventative inspections on the facility and complete inspection reports.
- Respond to emergencies as needed.
- Other duties as required.
- Preferably, three to five years of experience working in building and facility management specifically with plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and an understanding of the unique problems inherent in a facility open to the public 7 days a wee.
- Ability to create and maintain a weekly log, documenting any day to day tasks and projects.
- Eager self-starter, ability to work independently.
- Fire safety and emergency response skills.
- Hold or obtain within 4 months of service F-03 and S-95 Certificate of Fitness, and the ability to maintain the same.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
Title: Quality Assurance Analyst, Glen Rock, NJ Office
Schedule: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 9am to 6pm. Must be available to work overtime as required, including weekends and holidays.
- Follow established procedures for developing test plans, test cases, use cases, and test data for all Core, Web, EAPI, API, mobile devices and supporting applications.
- Develop test plans and test cases for projects.
- Ensure test plans are reviewed and receive signoff from QA management.
- Execute test plans and cases to test applications, document and record all test failures in TFS while participating in an Agile/Scrum team.
- Interact with scrum team to effectively communicate application defects and requirements.
- Communicate with QA management to report project status, project risks and resolve difficult testing issues.
- Review and provide feedback on documented user requirements for new software development projects, as required.
- Prepare reports as required to summarize activities and accomplishments.
- Perform SME duties in areas of expertise, including mentoring/training other staff members and assisting in creation of test data.
- Plans and prioritize multiple assignments to meet required time schedules.
- Actively participate in team and general meetings and openly discuss QA issues/problems.
- Act as a resource for investigation and resolution of production problems as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or a related field, or a combination of formal education and computer training that demonstrates a firm knowledge of computer technology.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with increasing responsibility in software development/test environment or broad experience in the user environment that would translate easily to testing.
- Thorough understanding of the software development process and the concepts of QA testing.
- Good computer skills.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Willingness and ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel in order to accomplish software development goals.
- Good writing skills to effectively communicate testing requirements and application defects.
- Ability to design, document and execute test plans, use cases and test cases that thoroughly exercise the application under test.
- Basic understanding of most aspects of all Core, Web, EAPI, API, mobile devices and supporting applications.
- SME level knowledge of at least one aspect of Core, Web, EAPI, API or mobile devices and supporting applications.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Strong analytical, evaluative and problem-solving skills.
We offer competitive salaries and a superior benefits package.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.