- The policy of The Shubert Organization, Inc. is to select, place, train and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience, so as to accord equal employment opportunity for all our employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal laws. We do so without regard to non work-related factors such as race, color, religion/creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, ancestry, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information/genetic testing, familial status, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States, or an individual's military or veteran status. This equal opportunity policy applies to all Company activities, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions, compensation practices, benefits and termination of employment.
Title: Applications Administrator
Schedule: 9:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. Must be flexible to work overtime as required (including weekends and holidays).
- Responsible for managing and administering telecommunications for the Telecharge call center, corporate and theatre end users.
- Responsible for all software and hardware used exclusively by the call center or those not supported by Technical Services. Provide support to the end users.
- Hands on trouble shooting of all telecommunications and infrastructure related issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related degree. In lieu of degree, relevant work experience is acceptable.
- Telecommunications technology and equipment experience.
- Hands on experience with software and hardware, including data and communications wiring.
- Familiarity with Verizon CCRS L software and Windows environment.
- Strong IT aptitude
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with end uses.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Superior customer service skills.
Title: Call Center Representative, Telecharge
- Full-time/35 hrs per week (12noon-8p:00pm, four weekdays plus one weekend day.
- Part-time/20-25 hrs per week (either 5:00pm-10:00pm or 6:00pm-10:00pm, four weekdays plus one weekend day).
- Must be available to work additional hours when required including overtime and holidays
- Provide a high level of sales and customer service support to our patrons.
- Process order taken via phone.
- Exceptional customer service skills (must be comfortable with receiving a high volume of inbound calls.
- Pleasant phone manner.
- Computer literate.
- Good keyboard and typing skills required.
- Strong work ethic including the ability to work overtime and holidays when necessary (attendance and punctuality are critical).
- Previous telephone sales/customer service or ticketing experience preferred.
- Must apply for union membership with IATSE Local B751.
Title: Enterprise Architect, Glen Rock, NJ Office
Schedule: 9:00am - 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. Must be flexible to work additional time as required (including weekends and holidays).
- Responsible for overall technical architecture across Shubert’s web and AIX enterprise systems under the guidance of the Enterprise Architecture Manager.
- Design, develop, analyze, implement, maintain, support, document, and test software for new and existing enterprise systems, intranet/internet applications, frameworks, and other supporting applications.
- Keep management and other key stakeholders aware of the status.
- Interact with clients, business analysts, quality assurance team members, and other IT staff to analyze, design, and implement user specifications.
- Ensure overall technical quality for the development team.
- Ensure technical vision across the systems.
- Provide technical direction to the development team under the guidance of the Enterprise Architecture Manager.
- Responsible for creating Proof of Concept for new software and tools.
- Use logic and technical knowledge to design and build complex applications to meet user requirements/specifications.
- Provide support to analyze and resolve complex problems.
- Research the causes and solutions for software defects and productions issues.
- Act as project leader or team member on large-scale complex projects that require coordination, planning, and scheduling of work and resources.
- Aid is skill development of other technical staff members.
- Plan and prioritize assignments in order to meet user requirements.
- Participate in meetings and openly discuss software development issues.
- Create and edit documentation to describe program operation and function.
- Serve as evaluator/reviewer of projects/applications as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or a combination of formal education and computer training.
- Ten years’ experience with increasing responsibility in a software development environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- C, C++, C#, and other.Net technologies
- AIX and Unix development
- Visual Studio, Object-oriented design and structured programming
- Windows and web architecture.
- Demonstrated skills with:
- Writing secure, readable, and maintainable code
- Supporting and troubleshooting large software solutions.
- Knowledge of:
- Database design, programming, and SQL
- Software development lifecycle
- Optimizing rendering performance to at least 30 frames per second.
- Familiarity with:
- 3D objects in web browsers including 3D mesh, texture, selection ray, single source lighting, and camera movement
- Strong skills in:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Effective listening, negotiating, and relationship building skills
- Writing and analytical skills in developing user and technical requirements
- Effective communications with peers in order to accomplish software development goals
- Collaboration and dealing positively with conflict
- Effective and credible presentations
- Influencing others without the authority to do so
- Conforming to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Conducting research into project related issues and other products
- Problem solving
We offer competitive salaries and a superior benefits package.
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.